On to Heraklion!

Well today marks the end of our second leg and we are set to go on to Heraklion Crete. We are currently sitting in the restaurant in the Divani Corfu Palace Hotel looking out the windows at the lagoon and the airstrip from which we hope to depart around 2:00 this afternoon; that is if all goes well; I made a mistake when I made the reservation for the planes and I didn't include paying for the checked baggage; real nervous about that because they're probably going to charge me through the nose and they can when we get there.

Update; despite all my fretting, or maybe because of it, they took our bags without comment or asking for a fee!! Yay! Travel win.  We had two flights, first to Thessaloniki, where we changed planes, then on to Crete.  No incidents, no problems.  The hotel is lovely, and we had our first dinner here in the hotel rooftop restaurant, and it was great.  The people here are very nice and accommodating. 
The rooftop restaurant



Coming into Heraklion


The breakfast buffet is wonderful

Comments

Popular Posts